On March 17 we launched our foreign missions program here at EastLake for 2013. There may be those, and you may be one of them, who is asking “how can I get involved in missions?” Well as a follow up to Sunday morning March 17, here are 5 practical ways to get involved in foreign missions at EastLake.
1. Familiarize yourself with the missionaries we support.
We have provided a prayer card with our 6 missionaries that hangs nicely on a bulletin board or your refrigerator at home. There are also web-sites of our missionaries that would help you know them better.
2. Make praying for our foreign missionaries a regular part of your devotional time.
Realize the importance of praying for those who are serving around the world. It is our prayers that often hold them up in times of distress.
3. Make plans to give on a monthly basis.
We are taking an offering specifically for our foreign missionaries every month on the 3rd Sunday. Make that a part of your monthly budget and be blessed.
4. Make plans to go on a short-term missions trip.
You would be surprised at the feasibility of going on one of these trips. No one is too old or too young to have their mind and heart expanded through a short term missions trip.
5. Find and sponsor someone to go on a short-term missions trip.
Each trip we take always has those who struggle to raise their support. Stepping forward and sponsoring a young person or a person in need is a great blessing.