Over the past several years we have all experienced the explosion of technology in our life. The most amazing and connected technology has moved from our desk to our pocket.
I am sure we have all also struggled with the invasion of this technology into our personal time and conversations. We have both been the giver and receiver of “hold on for a sec” while we respond to a text, laugh at a twitter post or take a call.
I recently heard Lance Witt speak and then have been reading his book Replenish. In it he gives these ten commandments for technology and team. Enjoy and Embrace.
- Thou shalt not use email to deliver bad news.
- Thou shalt not put anything in an email that you would not mind having forwarded.
- Thou shalt not email or chat online during meetings.
- Thou shalt not use BCC. (We commit to this between staff members.)
- Thou shalt be more personal than professional
- Thou shalt keep emails short and to the point
- Thou shalt not text or take calls while in conversation or in a meeting.
- Thou shalt not call or email people on their day off.
- Thou shalt use email for prayer and encouragement.
- Thou shalt give phone/email/Facebook/Twitter etc. a Sabbath